"A feeling of great enthusiasm and eagerness"
YAAAAS!! WHAT'S THAT? AND THIS? WHAT ARE THIS?! (JennaMarbles video on Peaches, the dog)
This week is a week for excitement. I've decided to feel excited for every single day of this week no matter what the day brings. Feel free to join me.
Isn't it amazing that we know nothing (or should I say, we don't know everything)? Everyday if you're aware and open to what surrounds you, you will learn something new. Whether it's noticing the same car parked in the same place, or that your dog is getting old, or that avocados are part of the berry family.
Today I woke up with the same excitement I felt yesterday. I feel so ready for life. To start something new, to see how it grows.
So here are a few tips to nurture the innate excitement that is within you:
- Awkwardly smile when you wake up, when you pee, when you eat. Wait, before doing any of those things, rejoice in the expectation of finally going to the loo, drinking water or putting that peach in your mouth.
- Feel happy about trivial things. Like throwing litter in the bin, brushing your teeth, doing your hair, flexing your muscles.
- Connect with your inner child. But don't throw tantrums.
- Do something you've been avoiding for a long time. Once it's done, you'll feel so good.
- Be happy with the decisions you take. Instead of sitting down, think "I'm going to sit down". Change the automatic mode to manual. You're the one taking control. So when you're at home, sitting on the couch and on Facebook you we feel like you deserve it and that there's nothing wrong with that.
- Realise how privileged we are. Having come from low to high in life, in many aspects, I make sure to put things into perspective with my own past. Also, never forget about the rest of the world. If something is bothering you- fix it, change it, improve it, connect with others to start making a change.